...

...

July 19, 2015

IF YOU KNOW ANYONE IN KANSAS CITY PLEASE DO SEND THEM!

THIS THURSDAY NIGHT IN KANSAS CITY YOU GET TO GIVE TO OTHERS AND CELEBRATE A BEAUTIFUL SOUL!

When we are giving with the goal to help others it all comes back to us full circle!

Gretchen Sackett​ my ex-wife and business partner of 36 years passed away suddenly on Thursday morning! I mention this for two reasons, Gretchen taught me about “GIVING” and she inspired me to create “The Art of Active Networking”. When I started it 6 years and now 12,000 attendees ago, I had nothing more than a simple thought in mind, “I own a venue, no one rents the venue on our slowest night, let’s invite them over and see if we can help them in some way!” Well, we did, and they came back week after week, month after month and now year after year. And together we have help 1000’s find answers to their struggles.

So this Thursday night I decided to go on with the show as it were. Gretchen would have wanted it, she would want me home in Kansas City this week to also see my family and be with them, to go ahead and attend my 40th High School reunion, and she would want all of us to keep moving forward with kindness. Will Thursday night be hard? OH GOD YES! But will we gather to help each other and to create and continue the traditions of helping each other as Gretchen would want? YES!

We are also suggesting in lieu of cards, flowers and all the traditional and mournful ways of reaching out that you do what she would do, donate to her favorite animal charity Love Every Animal! We donated and designed the logo, we’ve thrown a benefit in San Francisco for them and we got all of our cats from through them. Gretchen so loved what this tiny and underfunded charity does, founded by a Woman named Lyza Chavez as they rescue our beautiful creatures day in and day out!  Here is her website: http://www.LoveEveryAnimal.org or if you prefer, Gretchen always asked others to not give her gifts or card on her Birthday or Holiday’s, she instead asked that you take whatever amount you might have spent on her, and give it to your local SPCA!

So let’s do it! I hope you will join us Thursday night to connect with and help others to thrive, and to join me in a toast to a beautiful and caring Woman named Gretchen Elaine Lindenmayer Sackett.

See you at the beautiful BERG Event Space at 6:30pm! We will have a full cash bar.

TICKETS: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-kansas-city-july-23-2015-tickets-16848203430

Mark
415-602-9500
http://www.TheArtofActiveNetworking.com

No comments: