...

...

May 12, 2015

NETWORKING IS NOT A NUMBERS GAME!

TONIGHT AND TOMORROW YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO MEET AMAZING PEOPLE BUT DON’T MAKE THIS YOUR NEXT MISTAKE!

Someone called me at 7am today and said, “Mark, how many people do you get to your events? I usually don’t come unless it’s a few hundred, but I’m thinking about coming tonight."

I said, “Then you and I will likely never meet, because my events are never more than 135 people.” I then said this, “You are playing a numbers game, collecting business cards if you even follow up, you’re only trying to sell yourself.”

At my events you can of course sell yourself, but if you are not listening and thinking of what you can do for the other people in the room, you are just gonna end up with a handful of useless business cards. One connection can change your world, one handshake can mean so much more, but you must think differently about your own game!

That’s a networking paradigm that does not work! And it’s the primary reason I started “The Art of Active Networking”. If you are also still playing a numbers game, join me tonight in LA and let me show you the power of my network, the attitude I take in networking and a way to stop struggling in your growth.

Or... get a few hundred business cards and toss them in the recycling bin, you will be accomplishing the same thing!

Tonight we’re at IgnitedSpaces in Hollywood at 6:30pm; Tickets 20$ on Meetup or our site til 6pm tonight or at the door for 30$ until 7:30:

Eventbrite.com/theartofactivenetworkinglamay12

Tomorrow night we’re at ROCedu/EvoNexus in Orange County at 6:30pm; Tickets 20$ on Meetup or our site til 6pm tomorrow night or at the door for 30$ until 7:30:

Eventbrite.com/theartofactivenetworkingocmay13

Oh and join us in New York City May 18th! Tickets on the site! http://www.TheArtofActiveNetworking.com

I HOPE TO SEE YOU!

Mark E. Sackett

415-602-9500 is my mobile with any questions.

No comments: