...

...

May 10, 2015

DO YOU REMEBER THE WELCOME WAGON?

DOES ANYONE HERE REMEMBER THE WELCOME WAGON?

Years ago we had a thing in our neighborhood in Mission, Kansas called "The Welcome Wagon” I don’t recall much about it other than it welcomed families to a new neighborhood when they moved in. Well here we are 45+ years later and I hope 'The Art of Active Networking' is your welcome wagon of this century.

Over 11,000 people have attended 'The Art of Active Networking'. Today I am going to be selfish and ask you to consider forwarding this to your networks. Here’s why. I want to help more people to connect. Not because they will buy a 20$ ticket, I could care less about that, but because networking is largely broken and 'The Art of Active Networking' is not broken, I see it work, I watch the walls and groups, I see people who have never even met in person at my events collaborating in the online groups because they both came to an event and made a shift away from getting to giving. I see friendships that have formed and amazing collaborations bloom.

When I created this 5 years ago I never imagined this would happen. I never would have met most of the people who have attended my events and I could not sit back and watch the awesome things you all do for me, for each other, for non-profits, for our students, job seekers and folks new to each of our cities.

So I hope you will share this with your networks everywhere. I hope you will come and I hope you will bring your network along by spreading the word to all our cities and the folks you know in them. Let’s help each other do a little better with our resources.

Here are the Ticket links:

May 11th at The Box SF in San Francisco:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-san-francisco-may-11-2015-tickets-15984453932

May 12th at IgnitedSpaces in Los Angeles:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-los-angeles-may-12-2015-tickets-15985255329

May 13th at ROCedu/Evo Nexus in Orange County:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-orange-county-may-13-2015-tickets-16637350764

May 18th at Dallas BBQ in New York City:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-new-york-city-may-18-2015-tickets-15985305479

I hope your weekend is restful, creative, fun, connected and awesome!

Tickets are always available for each event on our website until 6pm day of the event, or are available for 10 dollars more at the door until 7:30 pm. Please take a look at our Website, read the reviews, join our groups and social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; and share this with others at http://www.TheArtofActiveNetworking.com

Check out Mark's TEDxFultonStreet talk in New York City. It's all about his networking efforts here at 'The Art of Active Networking' and on why we sort, why he does it and why it's important for all of us! THE LINK IS ON THE WEBSITE!

Call me with any questions!

Mark E. Sackett

415-602-9500

No comments: