...

...

March 27, 2014

NO BIBLE FOR ME

Because I have such a big mouth, and because I am genuine in wanting to help others do better in life in the small ways I am able, people always assume I am a card carrying Christian. I am not! I am a recovered Catholic and believe in the connectedness of nature and life but I can't subscribe to religious constructs. If you do, and you are not using your faith to exclude, divide or hate in any way, good on you! Keep on doing that.

This quote states my position beautifully!

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

No comments: