...

...

January 27, 2014

WELL HELLO THERE...

OK NOW...ONCE MORE WITH A LITTLE ENTHUSIASM!  "HI!!!", "HELLO!!!", "SUP?"

How many opportunities a day do you pass up the opportunity to say "Hi"? And maybe throw in a little smile or follow up like, "How are you today?"
 
We think we do it, but we rarely stop for an honest answer or really to listen for an authentic, honest reply.
 
Well we are busy right? ...and who has time for new people with all we have to do? God forbid we end up in a damn conversation with these strangers.
 
Well not me...I make time for it, it nourishes me and takes me on the best little journey's. Today I had the BEST unexpected lunch as I dropped into Quality Meats to eat at the bar in NYC around 12:30! On my left was Andre, 79 years old, lives Central Park South owns 17 properties with Leona Helmsley's Company. He collects books and art, including Henry Moore and travels the world smoking the occasional cigar and loving life, he was engaging, interesting, a former warrior of Wall Street and comfortably happy with his Wine at the Bar and a spot of lunch, hearing aids turned up and ready to receive! On my left two gentleman drinking white wine with ice, and red wine with ice (to bring them down to "proper" cellar temperature), and also having lunch and grilling me on what I do! They were both in their early 70's, one the former owner of Westinghouse Broadcasting and the other his former lead executive, now still friends and both retired and running a non-profit for journalists and media professionals with life threatening illness or need within their families! In front of me is Hector the bartender, who easily poured me 12 wines with my lunch, (just to taste)! Hector was from Columbia and loved that I both love and collect wine and wanted me to try things for fun! Finally two seats to my left is a Woman who asks me why I have 12 glasses of wine in front of me? She says are you in the wine business? I say "No, I am in the business of sipping good wine as often as possible!" She says, "What do you do then?" So I tell her...and she runs events for the Helmsley Park Lane Hotel around the corner and knows of my SF venue The Box SF! Sweet!
 
4 new connections, none have to amount to business, but if I can help them in anyway someday, I am certain I will!
 
How damn happy am I right now? Networking, hearing great stories, meeting cool, interesting people and sipping wine some of my favorite things to do and without any planning! Quite unexpected...such is my life! All because I have never met a stranger, I said hello and was open to a conversation as I always am!
 
You have an opportunity to do this everyday, and if you really want to do it with some amazing people with equally amazing stories, come to my upcoming events for The Art of Active Networking! http://www.theArtofActiveNetworking.com
 
Here are a few opportunities already booked and tickets are always on our site, and the social media pages are yours for the using:
 
January 30th, Vancouver BC @Colabs Communities
February 3rd, San Francisco @The Box SF
February 4th or 5th in Los Angeles (If I can nail a venue)
March 3rd, San Francisco @The Box SF
March 31st, San Francisco @The Box SF
and alas New York City....as soon as I find a venue partner!
 
And for the rest of you, let's bring it to your city, call me anytime to make a plan!
 
OK then...it's the weekend, get your "HI's", "HELLO's" and "SUP's?" on!

Tickets are always available for each event on our website until 6pm day of the event, or are available for 7 dollars more at the door until 7:30 pm. Please take a look at our Website; read the reviews; join our groups and social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; and share this with others at TheArtofActiveNetworking.com

The power of us working together is greater than anything we can accomplish alone!

Be Well, Be Creative, Be Great!

-Mark E. Sackett
Creative Director / Executive Producer / Director / Public Speaker
Mobile 415-602-9500

No comments: