...

...

August 21, 2013

ARE YOU IMPATIENT?

We have a very early 2 day conference loading in to The Box SF this morning. As all the activity is a buzz outside my office door I started to think about how great my team is...we have this stuff always dialed in! So we rarely have the Client who is tapping their toe and impatient. Well the occasional Bride but that's expected as emotions on those days run high for everyone. 

But I started thinking about impatient people and thought, what am I typically impatient about? I have calmed way down from the former Mark. I think its because I am so busy and have so much to do that I simply like fitting lots in. For me it no longer comes from a point of stress it comes from this strange curious interest I have for nearly everything.

Well I was reminded of this quote from a man I had great respect for and you know what? He was right...I do have all day! And I enjoy the journey. What about you?

"When someone is impatient and says, 'I haven't got all day,' I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?
-George Carlin

No comments: