...

...

August 20, 2013

TURN ON THAT TV!

Did you know there was a time when people didn't go out of their house on Tuesday night at eight o'clock because Milton Berle was on? True story...during that time he was Entertainment, he was a connector without event trying. Years later is was Johnny Carson and of course over the years a multitude of Television shows captivated us on various nights.

For me from 1988 to 1994 it was Thursday nights, I remember not being able to wait for shows like Northern Exposure and many others that I looked forward to. Thursday night was a time for me to unplug from my projects, the studio, my 'To do Lists' and just pull a cork, order a Pizza and relax.

Now I don't even own a Television despite working on many shows. We consume from our smart Phones and our WiFi Connections on tiny screens and we make even less time to unplug.

This all came to mind today as I as booking meetings this week for my Los Angeles trip tomorrow. And then I realized, I sold my home in LA and now I stay in hotels until I decide what's next for living quarters in LA, which means I am at the Hotel for 3 nights with a big flat screen TV and a remote. So I may just unplug Thursday night and see what's on the tube these days! Sometimes I really miss watching Television with everything else on hold!

No comments: