...

...

July 21, 2016

WHAT DO YOU WANT SAID ABOUT YOU?

IS YOUR MESSAGE GETTING THROUGH? ...IS MINE?
You always hear me talking about my events, about networking properly, about passion, about people I respect, and that we all need to treat each other better. This week I was completely shocked when a friend in New York included me in a post that he wrote on Facebook about people he knows who, ‘Inspire him and who live life on their terms.' He said he considered these people to be 'HeartWorthy Leaders of the Highest Order.’
He said the following about me:
"Mark E. Sackett, whose unyielding compassion to infuse joy into the world raises friendships, collaborations and communities wherever he walks!”
WOW...I am so grateful that anyone would speak so kindly of me and I am ever grateful for that, because I do not consider myself to be a leader. That said, I am thankful for his willingness to him for including me in a post so kind and powerful and honestly if I ever can inspire someone, that is what I crave most.
I work daily to infuse more joy into my own life, wandering through my life and experiences, and I do my absolute best with ‘The Art of Active Networking’ to raise friendships, collaborations and to support and build community worldwide. But I have to say that I get a lot of crap for being so outspoken. I’ve learned that humans seem to be better at absorbing than being original, that we react more than we create, that we are critical and judgmental much more than we are supportive. I wonder daily whether anyone ever reads, likes or absorbs anything I say or care about. Mostly I wonder if what I care about and create even matters?
September 9th I will turn 59 years old, and I don’t know what I want to do next. I find myself on a rollercoaster of emotions since Gretchen died. I tend to my companies, and still enjoy the creating of things in my work. I am decluttering, simplifying, learning, and surrounding myself each day with better and better people. I find myself drifting away from relationships that never seem to change or grow from people who start each sentence with a negative thought or a complaint of some kind. I am eliminating selfish, arrogant people and situations from my path; this community is a huge part of that.
I find myself craving more and more experiences, and cooler, more authentic, open and kind people! I have always tried to do this, but all this matters more to me now. So I wonder…What matters to you?
Should I continue these events?
Does giving to others matter at all?
Does this proverbial “Every Man for himself” attitude that seems to be gripping everyone really need to rule our lives?
Are we really as selfish and hateful as things have seemed of late?
I have so much I want to do still. I have so many ideas, projects, dreams and places I need to start, finish, complete or visit. So what’s next?
I want to have a positive impact in someway on millions of people, but to what end? This almost constant race to entrepreneurship, money and success that has gripped so many of you seems to overtake our constant conversations. We don't talk about being creatively satisfied, happy or kind. We spend our days posting, disagreeing, grieving, and sending good thoughts to those in the grips of tragedy, but what positive contribution are we making?
I think our priorities are messed up…but that may just be me! I think giving to others and helping them do better helps us collectively. I think loving people, or at the very least accepting them regardless of the amount of pigment in their skin or the shape of their eyes, or who they choose to love should not matter. The human race is one race, yet it is a race none of us can win if we work our selves to death or kill each other as we race to death.
“The Art of Active Networking” my dumb little event does not teach you how to sell, it should teach you how to give unconditionally. I’d like to see that grow, I’d like each of you to bring a few people every month. I’d like to see us collectively create a shift towards giving and kindness! In that I think we truly find success, happiness, passion, settled hearts and minds!
Think it over, I really need your help, I’d love your advise and participation. I want #MYGIVE4 Ambassadors out there spreading good. In the meantime, I do hope you will help someone do better today. So many people need your help and you are powerfully able to do more than even you think you can!
Think this week of what you want said about you, let’s work together to make sure it’s more than you hoped for when you hear it!
The power of us working together is greater than anything we can accomplish alone!
Be Well, Be Creative, Be Great!
-Mark E. Sackett
Creative Director / Executive Producer / Director / Public Speaker
Mobile 415-602-9500
I'd love it if you followed, liked or shared our groups and pages on Facebook:
The Art of Active Networking 
MyGive4
Mentorpreneurs
Our LinkedIn Group is here:  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3797873

No comments: