...

...

February 4, 2016

WHY IS IT WE NEVER SEEM TO HAVE ENOUGH TIME?

ARE YOU ALSO OUTTA TIME, OR IS THAT JUST AN EXCUSE?

I’ve been thinking a lot about time lately. I never seem to have enough of it some days and others I seem to have too much. I mean we all have exactly the same amount of seconds in each day right? So naturally the differences between those with enough time and those without enough are only how we choose to use the time we’re allotted here. As a designer, consultant, producer and a venue owner for over 30 years I have learned to value my time, it’s all I have to sell after all. But it goes beyond selling our time to how we divide our time, or stretch it to fit everything in that we want to accomplish!

I’d like you to think about this today:

Please answer this question: “Am I spending every second doing what I want, advancing my ideas and creating the life I want?”

Then do an exercise. In the left column write down everything you ‘think’ you have to do. In the middle column write everything you ‘want' to do, and finally in the right column write down everything you ‘dream' of doing!

Spend some time with this list, shifting, erasing, re-categorizing and prioritizing it for a few weeks. Read it everyday, then take a few minutes each day and re-evaluate it. My guess is that in a few weeks your list is going to look quite different. I predict you will be moving a lot more stuff from the dream column to the have to do column. More than a few of those things may drop off column one and may well drop off the list all together. Bringing an awareness to your life and your “to do’s” is the difference between having loads of time, being happy with the time you are given, or resenting the fact that you never have enough! In the process build up that side of the list that holds the “get to do’s” and the “I’ve always wanted to’s!"

I have a selfish goal for you. I want you to work on and realize more of your dreams. I want you to help others work on their dreams, and I want all of us to stop wishing we had more time. The simple truth is we just don’t know what’s left.

Then I want you to free up a few hours a month to come to our events and learn to practice #MYGIVE4 at the Art of Active Networking. I want to help you shift your life towards giving to others, towards helping them do better, and to get you focused on building the powerful ideas you have always dreamed of, in collaboration with an incredible network of givers. I will bring my network, my resources and my referrals to try to help you do just that, and others will do the same.

Here are our next events:

San Francisco at The Box SF, Monday February 8th: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-san-francisco-february-8-2016-tickets-20006805895

Los Angeles at Ignited Spaces, Tuesday February 9th: :https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-los-angeles-february-9-2016-tickets-20006869084

Orange County at The Crash Labs, Wednesday February 10th:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-orange-county-february-10-2016-tickets-20006914219

San Jose at The Corinthian Grand Ballroom, Monday February 22nd:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-silicon-valley-february-22-2016-tickets-20007051630

New York City at Dallas BBQ, Tuesday March 1st:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-new-york-city-march-1-2016-tickets-21096507221

San Francisco at The Box SF, Monday March 7th: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-art-of-active-networking-san-francisco-march-7-2016-tickets-20007088741

And repeat!

Doors open at 6:30pm, Tickets on sale at the door until 7pm, and we now start all events promptly at 7pm!

Spend your time wisely this week, you don’t get to save it, bank it or reuse it. So make the absolute best of it!


Be Well, Be Creative, Be Great!

Mark E. Sackett
Tickets are always available for each event on our website until 6:00pm day of the event, or are available for 10 dollars more at the door until 7:00pm. Please take a look at our Website, read the reviews, join our groups and social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; and share this with others at TheArtofActiveNetworking.com

No comments: