...

...

September 26, 2015

STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES

I HAVE A HABIT OF STICKING MY NOSE EVERYWHERE, BIT I'D LOVE YOU TO STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES THIS WEEKEND.

Ok sure, I am literally one of those people who stops and smells the flowers almost every time I walk past one. But for many of us it’s a metaphor for slowing down, taking a little break or otherwise taking care of ourselves. For me it’s just to be present and appreciate the smells, sights, sounds, tastes, people and experiences we are slowly letting go of. Our mobile phones and emails dictate our schedules, we are moving further each day from human connection towards virtual connections and even this email feeds into that paradigm creating more distance between our handshakes.

Many of you have heard me say how much I really dislike networking events. Most of you in fact are surprised when I say it, having created “The Art of Active Networking”. But just like many of you, I don’t like pushy sales people. I don’t cherish empty and superficial conversations and I often don’t feel like I need or want to meet anyone new. So I am going to of course ask you to come to my next networking events. I want to you to slow down, and stop to smell the flowers and try to experience networking in a very different way!

You see just like awesome and exotic flowers that we pass by daily, we are doing the same thing to the people who come into our lives. We don’t STOP, we don’t savor the beauty, the ideas, the amazing people in front of us each day. We don’t support and nourish each other or the myriad of ideas that come out of meeting cool people for the right reasons. Personally, I think its time we shift towards more sustainable and cool relationships, and it might not hurt to add a little more color into our lives.

So, colorful awesome people, who’s up for the challenge? Here are the next three events, stick a flower in your hair and show up!

Wednesday September 30th, 6:30pm Corinthian Grand Ballroom, San Jose!
Tickets here: https://theartofactivenetworkingsj.eventbrite.com

Monday October 5th, 6:30pm The Box SF in San Francisco! Tickets here: http://theartofactivenetworkingsfbay.eventbrite.com

Tuesday October 6th, 6:30pm IgnitedSpaces in Los Angeles! Tickets here: http://theartofactivenetworkinglosangeles.eventbrite.com

Make this weekend awesome for someone in your network or for someone you meet! Go the extra mile and add a little color and sweetness into their life.

Mark E. Sackett

415-602-9500

No comments: