...

...

April 2, 2015

HAVE A LITTLE INTEGRITY

Yesterday I put up something about a NYPD cop that went viral and the officer was way out of line. I received more than a few comments on and off Facebook that said things like "See there? All cops are bad!" They are not! A few weeks ago I put up something about a Transgender person fighting for equality and someone commented. "What a freak!" They are human just as you are! When 4 buildings collapsed here in New York last week, I did not go gawk, but I posted a pic of the firefighters and said KUDO"s to the NYFD. I like to support things. I am amazed at what they do daily! But damn, look at how we judge and sort endlessly?
I am generally very vocal about issues that I think we need to know about, be aware of and of things I personally support. I am as confused about the Freedom of Religion Act as many of you, but I do know that IF it is hurting others, it needs to be stopped or altered, it's all about our motivations and agenda's.
I will generally not chide you, call you out or put you down if you believe different than me, but I will say this:
MY WALLS > MY RULES! And if I post it up, it is because I think it needs attention, support, discussion and to be spread, and I know many of you will not always agree. And I don't have to agree with you either! But you will play nice on my playground or you won't be allowed back in the sandbox. Does what Mark E. Sackett​ think make a bit of difference in this world? I doubt it, but if I can support, inspire, shift or get one person to go out and make their own difference or support someone in need then I am more than happy to open my big mouth.
I am a fiscal Republican and a functional Democrat. DEAL WITH IT!
I believe that you can and should sleep with anyone you want anytime you want! And often! DEAL WITH IT!
I'm all for our sacred Constitution, but I think we should remove every gun from our society and that we have refused to update the constitution to deal with the fact that it is acceptable to kill children in this country. WE REFUSE TO DEAL, AND OUR EXCUSES ARE ENDLESS!
I think that Religion and Doctrine is a great excuse to hate and divide and I don't care what false God you worship as long as you are not using him or her as a reason to divide, hate, exclude, kill or otherwise harm anyone who does not think as you do. This particularly goes out to the Jews, Muslims, Mormons, Catholics and religious fanatics who will kill in the name of your version of god and all your faiths have many times. YES lower case G in god. DEAL WITH IT!
I think we have bought what Doctor's and Big Pharma are telling us is healthy and we want a pill to cure everything because we are too damn lazy or complacent to eat well, and thrive. We buy food sprayed with poison and it's ok because Whole Foods and Safeway and millions of Markets call it "conventional" which means sprayed with poison. Do you understand that it means "Sprayed with chemicals designed to kill other life?" That's got to be good for us! We alter our foods and practice out of sight out of mind thinking in this country, and only a few of us eat Organically and Sustainably because it is more expensive and not convenient. Well why not? AGAIN WE REFUSE TO DEAL.
Cancer, AIDS and a myriad of diseases are eating us alive and we join, "The fight against..." But we really ultimately to nothing at the source or root of all our ailments. We support by dumping ice on our heads! Brilliant awareness but little understanding of what ALS is or how we helped other that through a little awareness, it was simply fashionable and fun to do! WE DON'T DEAL.
We treat our own citizens as second class in this country and yet we are the first to support a dying, crying baby 5000 miles away so we can feel good about ourselves. Don't believe me? Go to the Lower 9th ward in Louisiana and see the effects and damage from Katrina and tell me different. We need to do both, remember secure your own air mask before helping others? WE DID NOT DEAL, WE TURNED OUR HEADS, AND WE STILL DO!
We can sell, harm and beat our spouses and children and it's ok to sell them and traffic them, but we don't think it is our problem. Well guess what? Someone is likely being held against their will within 10 miles of you right now, yes really! WE NEED TO DEAL!
We treat our animals so horrifically in this country and adoption rates are down resulting in millions of animals being put to sleep annually, yet we care more about liking a cute Cat Video on YouTube so we can get on Ellen! Ellen rocks, I would love to be on Ellen to spread this message, because she is entertaining and does good work, but that's our main focus now in life? WE DON"T DEAL, WE ESCAPE! MAYBE WE NEED TO.
I think we keep looking to Government, Authorities, Universities and Think Tanks to tell us what we want and need and less time figuring out our own shit. We do seminars, read endless self help books, hire coaches, go hear speakers and we all say we want a better life but are we getting it? WE REFUSE TO DEAL WITH US, IT'S EASIER TO BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!
I think there are too many non-profits and most of them refuse to collaborate because of overly inflated egos running these things, yet not enough of us support those who are collaborating and doing good work. We have become so complacent about the needs of others. AGAIN MOST OF US REFUSE TO DEAL THINKING IT'S OK IF IT DOES NOT EFFECT US DIRECTLY.
I think we should be spending less time in church, gyms, at the office, on social media, absorbed in our technology, at empty networking events, in awards ceremonies, at work and in the car racing about and more time in parks, concerts, at the arts, cooking together, giving out a hug or two and worrying about each others struggles while working together to resolve those struggles. We have become rude, pushy, short and simply have no time, after all we're so busy!
I could go on and on and on! I'll stop here because most of you actually don't care. We only DEAL with our 10 feet. We only deal with our network. We "LIKE" or we are passive and that's enough! How many "LIKES" we have when we die really won't matter. Our Social Media reach does not earn us any points when we die!
We must get involved, we must get active, we must count for and stand for something. Do we have to agree? HELL NO! Are we all passive? HELL NO! Can we all do more? YES Maybe we should focus on our legacy and what we want to leave?
So click below and "LIKE" this somewhere, and I will feel all warm inside for about 2 seconds. Comment on what an asshole I am, and I will feel all bad about myself for about a half second. What anyone thinks of me or my opinions, politics, sexuality, lack of religion, attitude or my big mouth is none of my business. What you care about, how you act and using your talents, ideas, time and money to be passionate about helping others is all I care about, I call it GIVE 4: Give 4 hours a week in one or all of the following 4 ways to help others. 1. Give of your talent and ideas. 2. Give of your money. 3. Give of your time. 4. Give of your network and referrals to help others! THAT'S WHAT I WANT YOU TO LIKE!
My friend who was INCREDIBLY passionate about the right things died recently, he was making a difference, he had a voice and one more awesome voice is now gone, yours may be next, he was not expecting it, you are not either! So before your clock stops ticking, consider using all that you are for good from now on. Consider doing something to make a difference. Consider what you like, hate, ignore or turn a blind eye to, because it is distasteful to you or is not a great fit spiritually, emotionally, financially and then stop and think of why.
Is what you are supporting fueling a fire and hatred full of divide, misunderstanding, and anger?
Is what you are supporting helping to make the struggles of those around you including the struggles you don't yet understand a little easier for someone?
Or are you sitting in judgement refusing to DEAL?
Are you just praying about it or doing something about it? 
Or worse yet, are you hoping someone else will step in and DEAL with it before you have to?
Well thank you if you read this far, now back to that regularly scheduled and oh so funny Youtube sensation! We all need a little of that too, to lighten the load, maybe it's an issue of balance.
Always happy to have your opinions and feedback. Good, bad or of course indifferent.
Mark E. Sackett
415-602-9500

No comments: