...

...

November 8, 2014

LIFE AND DEATH AND MENTORSHIP

AFTER A DETOUR TO KANSAS CITY FOR MY DAD'S EMERGENCY QUADRUPLE HEART BYPASS, AND THE LOSS OF A POWERFUL MENTOR, I AM FINALLY IN VANCOUVER FOR MY EVENT ON MONDAY!

Life is always so unexpected and amazing, this week I lost my greatest creative mentor when my former boss John Muller died, and life handed my dad a second chance. As I dealt with both, I was reminded through calls, emails, texts and one on one conversations at the power of my relationships. Relationships that have formed my ideas, my path and the very decisions of my life. Relationships that led me to be doing "The Art of Active Networking", and relationships of so many types that simply inspire me!

Monday night here in Vancouver, November 17th in San Francisco and November 19th in Los Angeles I get to greatly expand my circles again as scores of people gather for our next events. I am proud of the people who show up. Some are strangers, some old friends, some curious onlookers. But each of you has an opportunity:

You can show up and sell and push your agenda, or you can listen to some extraordinary stories, meet some amazing people and slide aside what you need and simply think of ways to help others in the room. If we all do that think of the change we continue to make, the impact on others we have. I find that both amazing and powerful. John Muller was such a mentor and creative partner for me, who can you mentor, collaborate with or support right now?

Not everything is a class, each day need not be a lesson learned, perhaps some days it's simply about showing up for others. The get can always be in the give!

See you on one of our three dates!

Tickets are always available for each event on our website until 6pm day of the event, or are available for 10 dollars more at the door until 7:30 pm. Please take a look at our Website; read the reviews; join our groups and social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; and share this with others at http://www.TheArtofActiveNetworking.com

The power of us working together is greater than anything we can accomplish alone!

Be Well, Be Creative, Be Great!

-Mark E. Sackett
Creative Director / Executive Producer / Director / Public Speaker
Mobile 415-602-9500

No comments: