...

...

September 16, 2014

YOU MUST BE THIS TALL TO RIDE THIS RIDE!

JUST WHEN I THINK I HAVE HEARD IT ALL, THEN THIS HAPPENS!

I'm home in NYC this week. I have two events coming up San Francisco on September 22nd and New York City on September 29th...ok so I'm easing in after my surgery. I hope after reading this you'll come!
Last night I was walking home from an album release party for my friend Bob Munday, I stop in Hell's Kitchen at the crosswalk and a guy is to my left. As I typically do on street corners I said, "Hey, how's your night?" without missing a beat he turns to me and says, and I quote, "Sorry man, I NEVER speak to people taller than me." I'm NOT kidding! Well naturally this is a challenge for me so I said, that must really limit your world down there in the 5'7"ish and under world you live in. He turned to me again and said, "Sorry, I have a thing about tall people!" To this I replied, "Easy there, you just broke your rule a second time, have a great night anyway!" and off I went.
The funny thing to me is he is doing what so many of you do when you go to a networking event and when you meet new people. He is sorting amazing people into like, don't like and need, don't need! Some of you in the past have told me you only want to meet Real Estate people, or Health Care professionals, others only want to meet Tech folks and of course others yet only want to meet people who are hiring. That guy only wants to meet people 5'7" or shorter apparently. You see how we sort? It's absurd, we sort and sort until we have narrowed our opportunities to almost nothing. Then we wonder why we can't get what we want. 
On September 22nd in San Francisco at The Box SF, and on September 29th in New York City at Russian Samovar, you can come and meet tall people, short people, fat people, employed people, unemployed people, entrepreneurs and cool and countless others with an unlimited range of experience, heights and a desire to help you do better. Get your tickets here before we sell out, these tall folks are always first in line, jeez!
Post up what you need for free on our groups and walls. All the links are on our site!
As for me? I gotta run, I'm going out to talk to close minded people on street corners. If you want to share or forward this email, or invite anyone you know please do. Want this in your city? Let's talk!
Mark E. Sackett
415-602-9500
Connect with me here provided you are of legal height: http://www.MarkESackett.com

No comments: