...

...

September 12, 2014

HEART SURGERY: CHECK, BIRTHDAY: CHECK...

I'M BACK...THIS IS MY FIRST DAY AT MY COMPUTER IN 16 DAYS. I SURVIVED HEART SURGERY AND MY 57TH BIRTHDAY, SO WHAT'S NEXT?
Well more than ever now, I want to meet you, your friends and those you know on September 22nd in San Francisco and September 29th in New York City to start!
So I had heart surgery last week and while I am still recovering in my NYC Apartment, for the first time in well over a decade my heart appears to be beating in rhythm. As my energy returns and also as I just turned 57 this week as well, I realized how much more I want to get done. I received over 2400 good wishes, posts, thoughts, messages of love, healing, hugs and really amazing sentiments from my network of givers both for my surgery and for my birthday, so for that THANK YOU! My Instagram exploded, my Twitters, my Facebook, my LinkedIn and all of my networks were filled with love, concern and happy, positive thoughts. Just amazing! I am ever grateful. I posted from my phone as much of my journey as they would allow but most of it was laying flat on my back. I have started to venture out and while it exhausts me, I am determined to get movin'!
So here's a thought, let's make that same effort for each other every single day, let's not wait for the death in the family, the surgery, the birthday or other life event to send good thoughts. Let's set aside 24 minutes a day to send messages and to give to help others, a focused 24 minutes of giving each and every day, just one minute per hour! You can shout out, tag, compliment, help, offer support, pay it forward, give a dollar, stop and hug someone, whatever it takes. I have 136,000 people in my network. You have your networks too! Think of the combined giving we can accomplish?
MILLIONS OF MINUTES OF GIVING! That's what The Art of Active Networking has always been about...asking the simple question, "How can I help you do better right now?"
In the coming weeks, I am going to be announcing a cool project we are going to undertake here at The Art of Active Networking on just how you can do this better. So I suggest you either tell your networks now to get on board or you hit that unsubscribe link. Because you are going to either want to be a part of how to accomplish this, or you are going to want to stay in your lifestyle of selling, and worrying about just your own success and growth. But I warn you...my heart is beating correctly now, so my energy is going to go through the roof, and I'm getting back to the Mark I was 12 years ago...so be advised!
Now for our upcoming events. All events are now going to be capped at 124 people as our format allows for each person to speak and that's so important to our success! So if you want to be a part of the live events, please buy your tickets early, it's the best 20$ you can spend I promise.
September 22nd San Francisco at The Box SF!  (Note: All the dates until January for San Francisco are also currently posted on our site.)September 29th New York City at Russian Samovar! 
Next month we'll also be returning to Los Angeles and there are some cool cities in the works including London, Brighton, Vancouver, San Diego, Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan. It is not important to me that we have 1000's of people at these events, it is critical to me that we attract a small group of people with the Active Networking mindset and who understand the importance of that becoming an ART for you!
Now use our groups and pages, (all the links are posted on our website at http://www.TheArtofActiveNetworking.com), it's free to post up what you are offering, selling, needing etc. 
I hope to see you and hug you in person at one of our upcoming events. Thank you again for your love, concern and positive attitude of giving!
AS ALWAYS, BE WELL, BE CREATIVE, BE GREAT!
Mark E. Sackett
415-602-9500
http://www.MarkESackett.com

No comments: