...

...

March 29, 2014

WHAT IS IT YOU WANT AND HOW CAN I HELP YOU GET IT?

OF COURSE WE ALL HAVE THINGS WE NEED FROM TIME TO TIME, BUT HOW ARE YOU GOING ABOUT GETTING IT?

You hear me speak all the time about the GIVE not the GET, about the OFFER and not the SELL. My perspective is that all business is really done through building awesome, sustained relationships, friendships and by offering to help others before you start selling your wares. I embrace giving and helping because I have those relationship and referrals, and I trust in that for 30 years now that has best served me.

So often I don't hear from someone until they get laid off or need a new client or contact, or they want me to support something they are doing. These same folks also never show up. Thousands of people in my world too often are stuck and then surprised when no one steps up to help them when their need arises. Why do you think that happens? I think it's because they never give, it's not to say they are selfish, it's simply that we get busy, we get stuck in habits, we slide off into ruts of selling, pushing and talking about ourselves endlessly until it's too late. Then that THING happens and wham we are stuck not knowing who to turn to or what's next.

This does not need to happen; in the last 8 months over 30 people felt the need to apologize to me for not showing up to my events. Don't apologize to me ever, these events are not for me, they are for you. I don't email you to guilt you, I email you to offer help, to create and engage in a conversation and to see if getting you to show up can engage you with my community of givers who get it. That's it!

I'm not here to sell you. It's just a shift in our conversation from the need to get business to the desire to give what I can. And of course I want more people...I love parties and conversation!

Can't make it? OK! Then jump in our online groups and pages and get active there. All the links to all the groups are on our site:http://www.TheArtofActiveNetworking.com We have a Facebook Group, a Facebook Page, 5 Meetup Groups across North America, a LinkedIn Group and we Tweet! @MarkESackett and @ACTIVENETWORKIN

Stop by Monday night the 31st here at the Box SF and see what we're all about.
Tickets are always available for each event on our website until 6pm day of the event, or are available for 10 dollars more at the door until 7:30 pm. Please take a look at our Website; read the reviews; join our groups and social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; and share this with others at TheArtofActiveNetworking.com
The power of us working together is greater than anything we can accomplish alone!
Be Well, Be Creative, Be Great!
-Mark E. SackettCreative Director / Executive Producer / Director / Public Speaker
Mobile 415-602-9500

No comments: