LET'S REARRANGE SOME THINGS FOR 2014! HERE ARE MY TOP 10.
We all have a responsibility in this world as resident's of it to pay more attention, to take better care of it and our fellow beings. So start stepping up to it. Even if you already do a good amount, you can always add one or more from this list. It's an attitude shift.
FIRST OFF AND BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE: Secure your air mask firmly so that you are grounded, solid and able to do your part. This is THE most important step.
1. If you see trash on the sidewalk, a nail sticking up, someone struggling with a suitcase, or any of the hundreds of things we ignore each day in our environment, instead of assuming someone will pick it up, you pick it up. Help out, reach out, do more than your part and set the example, others will be shocked and may join in. We have one Earth and we're pissing it off.
2. Hold the door for everyone and smile as they pass you no matter how busy you are. Make the connection even if it lasts a second. Give up your seat, move over, don't be a part of the problem, be a part of making someone's day a touch better.
3. Reach out to those you already know and ask what their pain points are, and if there is anything you might be able to do for them to help them do a little better with it. Then reach out to a stranger often and do the same thing. And don't expect anything in return, just do it!
4. Find an organization or non-profit that needs your ideas, your hands, your hours or your talent and do what you can for them. You can make a massive difference if your trust yourself more and simply offer. Any if you work for serve or run a non-profit, collaborate with the other 20 just like yours and stop duplicating services. You can't sustain that way.
5. STOP tearing ideas down, muttering under your breath, criticizing others and their good work, and get your ass off the couch and join in. We don't need more critics, because critics provide no positive value! We're surrounded by that shit. The negativity, criticism and the way we tear things down is absurd. Make a positive difference, comment or offer an idea and if you can't, ZIP IT!
6. Trust yourself, your ideas and your dreams and go make something out of that long ago shelved idea. You'll be happier and more passionate and excited about life, and in turn we'll be happier to jump in and help you. No more excuses, we all have exactly the same number of seconds each day, the only difference is how you use them vs how someone else uses theirs!
7. Become more aware of everything, look up from your phone, make more human connection and follow-up with the connections you make, stop worrying about what you can get from any situation and focus on what you can offer. And for god sakes stop complaining about how busy you are, take responsibility for YOU and take control of your life!
8. Do things outside of your habitual routine, and start LIKING more! Expand your horizons and your experiences to NEW and UNKNOWN things. Taste, touch, smell, look at, hear and embrace more new stuff. It will enhance your life experience, it will help you to know more and sort less, and you will love the journey. You'll most likely be uncomfortable and uneasy at times and that's just what you need now and again.
9. EMBRACE YOUR CREATIVITY. You can't draw a straight line with a ruler? Me either, no one can, but stop making it your excuse for not being creative! Creative thought turned into action is the most powerful resource on this planet, because it generates ideas, and ideas become things and if you are not making something you are missing out. And we all have the ability to be creative.
10. Finally...It IS your problem, no matter what the issue, thing or moment, We're in this together, so do your best to help out, don't take the attitude it's some one else's problem to deal with! Because if it's a problem, it will get worse unchecked, so why wait till it's at your front door to start worrying about it. Fix it now!
TAKE ANYTHING THAT WORKS FOR YOU HERE AND MAKE IT YOURS AND CONSIDER IT DAILY, IF NOTHING DOES, THEN DESIGN YOUR OWN. BUT START SHIFTING THE CONVERSATION IN YOUR HEAD BECAUSE WHAT WE ARE COLLECTIVELY DOING IS NOT SUSTAINABLE!