...

...

October 16, 2013

REALLY? THAT'S YOUR PASSION?


I LOVE HELPING AND MEETING PEOPLE, IT'S MY PASSION.

I honestly do and when I do my events for THE ART OF ACTIVE NETWORKING that's one of the questions each person must answer in front of the group. But, too often I see these people mirroring my answer, but then I watch them behave, it's in a completely opposite manner!

What they are really saying is: "I love helping people and it's my passion...As long as they can provide me value in return!"

STOP THAT!

If you love helping people...HELP THEM! Period, end of story.

Do it with zero expectation of return, remove the, "What will I get out of this?" attitude and replace it with I am passionate about helping others, or go and half-assed embrace another passion until you can be good in your word and truly authentic with your actions each time you say it.

We don't need sales people, we don't need more passion, we spout that crap daily...what we need are authentic, directed, loving and giving people who understand that the sheer power of us working together is so much greater than anything each of us can accomplish on our own.

I don't need you to pray for me, instead go actively help someone do better.

I don't need you to hope it's gonna get better, I need you to help make it better.

And I certainly don't need your opinion, I need you to embrace your opinion and act on it with purpose and direction in the service of others.

Works for me, wanna try?

And if you need anything use my walls, groups and the free resource I have created here to help yourself and others: http://www.TheArtofActiveNetworking.com

Come play with us in Vancouver BC, October 21st! It's gonna be fun.

Mark E. Sackett
http://www.MarkESackett.com
415-602-9500

No comments: