...

...

August 18, 2013

ARE YOU DESIGNING YOUR RELATIONSHIPS OR TAKING WHAT COMES?


JUST HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR NETWORKING RELATIONSHIPS?

Our relationships and the way we build them are so very important! I was thinking about this yesterday because I have this silly habit of personally calling anyone who is in my database who has told me their birthdate on that day!  I do it first because I think our birthday is the most important day of the year and second because I like knowing that it keeps me in touch each year with hundreds of folks who might easily fall off my radar.
April 15th is a big day for me each year, I think I have 8-9 calls to make on that day. I seem to be friends with lot's of fellow Virgo's too...interesting! But the funny thing that almost always happens repeated again yesterday when I called my long time friend Dennis in North Carolina and who I have not seen now in over 4 years face to face. Dennis travels the world on tour singing with a famous ensemble and is a flight attendant for US Airways. When he answered, and before I could say 'Happy Birthday my Friend!", he said..."Damn Mark, I cannot believe that you always remember me, how do you remember?"
For me it's not the HOW but the WHY that we need to consider. I value our friendship; we have a long friendship and this relationship like thousands of others is important to me. So again I ask, are you designing your relationships and how they flow or are you taking what comes? I hope you'll make the extra effort to design them a little more, you get to decide who they are and why you want them, but if you can do that from a point of caring for the other person, then you have just deemed them important!
Monday night, August 19th, I get to connect as I do every month with many of you here through The Art of Active Networking, it's not a normal networking event, i meet as many new people as regulars who return and all of us are focused on helping you to do better.
Sounds like a good start to me!
Tickets are always $20.00 on the site until 6:00pm and $25.00 at the door until 7:30pm. Please take a look at our Website; read the reviews; join our groups and social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; and share this with others at TheArtofActiveNetworking.com
If you wish to unsubscribe from our emails, please scroll to the bottom of this message and click "unsubscribe".
The power of us working together is greater than anything we can accomplish alone!
Be Well, Be Creative, Be Great!
-Mark E. SackettCreative Director / Executive Producer / Director / Public Speaker
Mobile 415-602-9500
Connect with me deeper here: http://www.MarkESackett.com
HEY!!!
Please forward this email, cut and paste or otherwise share this with those you know, let's help more people do better together!!!!!

No comments: