...

...

January 16, 2017

MOMENTS

WORD OF THE DAY: MOMENTS!
So far, I have had an extraordinary life, I have attended things, eaten things, met people, walked places, loved people and filled my life with the things that I though nourished me and with experiences I could have never imagined.
I have had out loud moments, quiet moments, moments of deep and extraordinary pain, loss and fatigue. I have had moments of uncontrollable laughter, tears, loss and elation. 
I have been lucky to have been in love twice, married once to a treasure, and I have confused love a few other times to quickly realize what it really was including some what I thought were wasted moments but teachable ones.
I have designed the life I wanted. I do not regret not attending a 4 year college or getting a degree, I do not regret getting married, I do not regret the choice I made in 1989 to move to San Francisco and then in 1990 to work for myself, and not those who might control my employment. 
I have come to realize that every moment I spend advances me in someway, but that the moments I have been the most stalled have taught me something about fear, being lonely, being ok with me and taking one step at a time. Moments of trust!
I am learning now as I approach 60 that I know a great deal about a great many things. I also know that as I approach 60 that I don't know anything at all. Seriously nothing in the grand scheme of life!
I do know this: Thrive and love each moment! If you take the ones you are given and lack appreciation for them, you will regret it later! And regret is a bitch.
Right now I am in Vancouver British Columbia! Vancouver is a special place for me for reasons no one knows. It resonates, it causes me to be deeply appreciative and contemplative and it always feeds me some extraordinary moments with folks like Mark BusseAndrea BusseCraig Addy and a slew of friends and others who I observe, absorb, and sometimes learn from. Not because they are extraordinary people, which they are, but because i seem my moments with them as extraordinary. This is true of the opportunity i get on many of my travels, but most certainly true here, even more than at home.
Today as I work in my hotel room getting ready for The Art of Active Networking and MyGive4 here tomorrow night, I am reminded that my MOMENTS matter, and to remain ever appreciative of the ones I am given and to cherish what is to come later today and tomorrow even when I am not sure what those moments might bring.
I'm in Vancouver, it's cold, I need to get outside for a bit, let's see what moments this day will bring.

No comments: